Monday, May 11, 2009

She has Cluck

My mom (Grammy) is here helping me with the girls while I recover from knee surgery. There are always many funny exchanges with Lyla throughout the day, but this one takes the cake:

Enter Lyla with new swimsuit on, ready to go back outside with Jason...it is getting dark and is only about 65F...barely warm enough for sandals, let alone a swimsuit.

Grammy: Where do you think you're going?
Lyla: I gave my words.
Grammy: What?
Lyla: I gave my words.
Grammy: You're not going outside in a swimsuit. It is too cold. Sit right here while I go talk to your father.
Lyla: No
Grammy: Yes
Lyla: No
Grammy: How old are you?
Lyla: Three
Grammy: Well, I'm 58. I have rank.
Lyla: Well, I have cluck.

This is what broke my mom. Lyla was allowed to go outside and get wet with the garden hose.

We later found out that Lyla had told Jason that she would be right back....hence, the "I gave my words" statement.

No comments: